Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who needs autofocus...

And this is where we drop down a few notches as, on day two, I spend some more time practicing tracking subjects while focusing. Results were mixed--some terrible, some merely painful.

I found limited success when the subject was moving across my field of view and staying within(...ish, and a big ish..) the focal plane, and it did help me get a number of exciting moments:

DSC_1918

Was a tough day for the BMWs...

DSC_1934

A 'vette...actually in the natural habitat of its namesake, I suppose:
DSC_1997


I really like this... were it not underexposed, out of focus, and slightly too fast--thereby freezing and taking the drama out of that spinning rear wheel.

DSC_1942

It does bring a new low to the threshold of success required to feel that sense of accomplishment.