Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Last post on focus, I promise

These head-on shots were by far the toughest...constantly changing focus to match the cars' rate of closure, exacerbated by needing wider apertures (and thus shallower depth of field) to accommodate faster shutters etc etc.


Here, the nose is just beginning to enter the focal plane, but I fired the shot a little early (insert your own predictable joke here). Given the length of the hood (feel free again), I'm not actually sure I _could_ get both the tip of the nose and the head of the driver in focus without cranking the ISO to get smaller apertures.
DSC_1822

I'm pretty pleased with the following two, actually... lucked into them whilst laying down a continuous barrage of shots and feebly pawing at the focus ring in the hope that one might be worth keeping (success!).
DSC_1805

DSC_1797

Okay, three days' milkage is probably enough (and hey, you got quantity each day!) until the next time I need some filler... so last of the autocross cars for a while.

No comments: